1. This Competition is open to individuals aged 21 years or over only, excluding employees and agents of William Reed Business Media Ltd, sponsors of and participants in The World’s 50 Best Restaurant Awards (“Awards”), anyone else professionally associated with the Awards or the Competition and, in each case, their immediate families. All applicable laws and regulations apply.
2. The Competition will open at 10:00 (London time) on Wednesday, May 11 (“Opening date”).
3. The closing date for the Competition is at 23:59 (London time) on Sunday, May 22 (“Closing date”).
4. All information detailing how to enter the Competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. To enter the Competition, during the period from the Opening date until the Closing date (inclusive), share your posts of your favourite food moment with the hashtag #50BestTalks. Only posts shared publicly to Twitter or Instagram with the accompanying hashtag will be accepted. Private posts will not be seen or included. All entries must be received by the Closing date in order to be taken into consideration. You may post multiple times using the hashtag on different platforms, however this does not increase the probability of being selected as a winner, as the winner will be chosen by a judging panel and not by a random prize draw. By entering, you represent and warrant that you have full rights to submit the content for entry in this Competition. You acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter. By sharing content on the competition hashtag and entering the Competition, you give full permission to the Promoter to share or present your content on its social media channels, websites and with press. The Competition and campaign hashtag #50BestTalks is for the sole use of this Competition and its entrants and the Promoter.
6. There are fifteen prizes of one ticket to #50BestTalks: The Tastemaker at 462 Broadway, New York, NY 10013 New York City on Sunday, June 12 at 10:30 (“Event”). The prize does not include the cost of travelling to the Event.
7. A judging panel shall choose the winners. Prize winners will be notified by 17:00 (London time) on Tuesday, May 24 through the social media platform from which they submitted their entry. They will be approached from one of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants social media accounts. It is the responsibility of the entrant to be available for contact at this time. Acknowledgement of the prize and contact details (email and phone number) of the winners must be received by 17:00 (London time) on Thursday, May 26. Should confirmation and contact details not be received within 2 days of notification, or in the event that a winner is unreachable or ineligible or declines to accept the prize as specified, the winner shall forfeit the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant, picked from the remaining entries. The Promoter has no responsibility to anyone who has not responded in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. The Promoter reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to reject entries and disqualify entrants, including without limitation where there is cause to believe that (i) there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or (ii) the entrant has interfered with the fair running of this Competition, including without limitation by manipulating entries or the results, or has provided false information or acted unethically in any other way.
9. Late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for IT failures, entries lost, damaged or delayed and proof of transmission, posting or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be automatically generated by computer, sent through agencies, or by groups or third parties. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of entries and proof of identity may be requested from the entrant.
10. The prize cannot be awarded to any person who, for any reason, would not be allowed by law to purchase or use the prize.
11. Winners are not allowed to sell, transfer to another person or auction the prize.
12. Subject to these terms and conditions, the prize will be as published and is non transferable. There is no cash alternative or exchange. No compensation will be payable by the Promoter if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
13. The Promoter may use photographs, names, age, town/city and country of the winners in future publications and publicity, and may require the winners to take part in promotional publicity. By entering the Competition, in consideration of the Promoter providing the Competition and the prize, the winners agree to take part in such publicity and grant a worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional and royalty free licence to the Promoter and all necessary rights and consents for the full period of any intellectual property rights to use the winners’ entry, photograph, voice, likeness and/ or image, and the name and age of the winners in any media without further payment or permission, for any future promotional activity.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Competition, extend or resume the entry period, or change or withdraw the prize at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if an event occurs that renders the Competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter (including without limitation reasons of force majeure) or if it cannot be guaranteed that the Competition can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
15. The Promoter has arranged the Competition in good faith but, to the fullest extent permitted by law, accepts no responsibility for and will not be liable for any claims, costs, losses, damages, expenses or liabilities of any kind (including without limitation direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages) arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, use or any other aspect of any prize awarded. Entrant’s legal rights as a consumer are not affected. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes the liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury resulting from the Promoter’s negligence or for any damage or liability incurred by the entrant as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the Promoter or otherwise as prohibited by law.
16. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
17. The Promoter may share the data of entrants who enter to its agents for the purpose of judging and administration of this prize draw. All entrants’ data will be treated in accordance with the permissions given or withheld at the time of entry to the Competition.
18. The names and regions of the winners may be obtained by writing to the Promoter.
19. Entrants may see the applicable Privacy Policies at:
20. The Promoter and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT, England.