Header images: Kangaroo cutlets; a fire masterclass at Melbourne Food and Wine Festival; and Twelve Apostles, Victoria (Tourism Australia, Time Out Australia, Melbourne Food and Wine Festival)
Aussie chefs Ben Shewry of Attica and Dan Hunter of Brae outside the Royal Exhibition Building
If you thought Australian cuisine was all about shrimps on the barbie then you probably need an intensive 10-day course to brush up on the country's incredible food and wine culture. Fortunately, that’s exactly what we’ve got in store.
What to expect:
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants will gather chefs and restaurateurs from all around the globe for the announcement of the 2017 list and special awards in Australia.
- The 50 Best programme will coincide with Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, now in its 25th year, over a week of foodie events from 31st March to 9th April.
- We’ve teamed up with Melbourne Food and Wine to offer a series of once-in-a-lifetime Masterclasses featuring 50 Best chefs from Australia and beyond – stay tuned for ticket sales.
- The World's 50 Best Restaurants awards event on 5th April will see the elite of the culinary world – chefs, media, VIPs and even some fortunate food-lovers – descend on Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building for the ultimate gastronomic party.
- 50 Best chefs, restaurateurs and Academy Chairs will be treated to a week of Australia's amazing food, wine and hospitality, courtesy of Tourism Australia and its partners.
- There’ll be a host of other events you can take part in, whether in person or via our social media channels. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.